Gears and Gasoline. 6 Speed Swapping My Subaru Forester: Part 1. Wonder if that 6 speed was stolen since it came from J Spec Auto 🤔, and that's not a stab at Gears and Gasoline cause Im sure they had no idea. WRX Grandma: Hold my beer.
Sodo plant facts
- The front section is the correct length for a 131 transmission swap, and the rear section is also the correct length if you are running a late style rear end. This is no myth, I have done it myself. If you are running an early style rear end, you can marry the front half of the auto trans driveshaft with the rear half of the early driveshaft.
- I do agree that building up the 5-speed is easier, but as for it being better than a full 6-speed swap (i.e. R180 diff, DCCD controller; basically all the goodies) I would have to disagree. This is b/c the STi 6-speed (talking about the complete swap here) is stronger than even a 5-speed PPG setup. This is due to the changing of your weak points.
Jun 08, 2013 · Don't have Subaru but I have towed using my 2009 Toyota Matrix S (2.4L with 5 speed manual). Says in the owner's manual it can tow up 1,500 lbs. The Matrix transmission is geared a lot like a pick-up, 1st gear is almost useless when empty.
- 26 May 2016 09:11:06 G Power BMW X6M Gets 750 hp Powerkit And Body Kit The aftermarket specialists from G-Power revealed today a new tuning program for the BMW X6M, which includes both a powerkit and a body kit.
EXEDY Globalparts Corporation (USA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the EXEDY Corporation of Japan. EXEDY (Japan) was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products.
- Subaru Wrx 5 Speed Gear Set Comparisons. 2011 Wrx Sti 6 Speed Swap With Spec B Gears. Subaru Transmission 6 Speed Inside Secrets The Non Performance Model.
Let's start with the REAL parts list: (Work in progress will update as I complete my swap.) 6 Speed transmission Passenger side heat shield above axle 240mm flywheel/clutch (get new bolts if reusing used parts) Pilot bearing 056105313C 6 speed shifter & rods, boot and knob. Starter Axles. (larger inner CV than 5 speed units)
- Jun 04, 2009 · Hello everyone i was wondering if u guys could help me with an issue with my 03 wrx. I got the car about 2 months ago and i got it for pretty cheap it only had 68k miles and i got it for 5500 i knew these cars had glass transmissions but i was hoping it would last me longer than 2 months atleast a year or so but anyways i was driving one day and i had a light and was slowing down but then it ...
Dec 14, 2020 · With a racy STI model, a flat-four with questionable reliability, and a standard 6-speed stick, the WRX is a great deal as long as you don’t tune it to too much power. But the WRX and STI are getting quite old with the STI using the now-ancient EJ engine platform and the general chassis dating back to 2001 when the WRX/STI came out in America.
- Videos and articles about some of the coolest cars on the internet! Stay tuned, we update our content every single week! What a $2,600 AWE Exhaust & Tune does to a BMW, Building a JDM 1991 Honda NS...
Apr 19, 2013 · five-speed manual handling 237 horsepower from a forced-induction pancake-four (as compared to 215hp 5.0 Fox-body Mustangs overseas), the WRX was built to hoon from the get-go.
- Oct 04, 2019 · I just picked up an 02 WRX engine, tranny and a ton of parts for dirt cheap. Eventually I'm going to swap them into my rail and had a few questions about the swap and how people set up certain things. I'm still building my rail and will get it up and running on the VW engine and tranny because that is all ready to go.
2005 C6 CORVETTE 6-SPEED MANUAL $23,000 ... favorite this post Dec 11 2005 Subaru Forester XS $1,400 ... 2006 wrx(sti swap) $10,000 ...